Twitter support through the tweepy library was added in commit 140. This will publish a message from Mah!Cade to your twitter feed once you have provided access keys with write access through the OAuth protocol.
NB: Any text longer than 140 characters will be truncated before posting.
Emulator Messages (msg_config)
Add an option for msg_config into each emulator ini this will allow for custom message per platform. By default the (in the latest commmited mame.ini) the tweet will read "I am playing <game_title> on <emulator_name> #mahcade <custom_tags>".
The message will allow any text you wish to add, additionally there are a set of codes available to access Wah!cade data. These codes will be substituted at runtime.
%r : Rom Name %n : Game Name %y : Year %m : Manufacturer %c : Category %d : Display Type %s : Screen Type %e : Emulator Title %g : Gamelist Title
Add custom text to the 'custom_tags' option in wahcade.ini. This text will be appended to the published line providing the line is not over 140 characters once combined.
- 'Create a new application' on https://dev.twitter.com/apps
- Enter the required values (anything you like) marked with an asterix
- Accept the license agreement
- Enter the captcha
- Press 'Create your twitter application'
- Open the settings tab
- Under Application Access select Read & Write
- Press 'Update this Twitter applications settings
- Open the details tab
- Press 'Create my access token'
- Once generated, confirm your access level is 'Read and Write'
- Open wahcade.ini
- Add these new options
### Twitter OAuth Options ### consumer_key consumer_secret access_key access_secret custom_tags
- From your new twitter application add the keys as per below
Consumer Key => consumer_key Consumer Secret => consumer_secret Access Token => access_key Access Token Secret => access_secret
This will give you authorization to write to your twitter timeline at Mah!Cade run time.